iPhone Application Development
Tablet devices and smart phones are the next big thing in programming. Having the skills to develop apps for Smartphone and Mobile Devices prepares you for the future. Because of the popularity of Smartphone's, Mobile App Programmers are in great demand. The iPhone is the most exciting and rewarding development platform. Learn today's most demanding skills to program for iOS-based devices and become a Professional iPhone Developer.
CSL Training's iOS Development course is designed to provide the hands-on training required to master the basics and advanced features of iPhone development. You will be provided with individual Mac/Devices, Course Materials and hands-on exercises with Best-In-Class Infrastructure. CSL Training's iPhone instructors are long time Mac/iPhone software programmers with successful apps in the Apple iPhone App Store. The blend of Instructor-led presentations and hands-on exercises will make you proficient using the tools and the essentials of iPhone application development which will give you a solid career that is always in-demand and recession-proof.
Who should attend?
This program is intended for anyone who interested in the design, development, or use of mobile device applications, games, multimedia or utilities.
The pre-requisite for the trainees are:
♦ Must be CS graduate
♦ Must know C/ C++/ Java
♦ Must be eager to build career in software engineering
60 hours (2 Months)
- Lesson 1: Basic Knowledge
- The iPhone Hardware Platform.
- The iPhone Software Platform.
- Overview of iPhone SDK Content.
- iPhone Development Tools (Xcode, Interface Builder, Instruments, Simulator).
- Anatomy of an iPhone Application.
- Important design patterns (e.g. Model View Controller, Delegation).
- Sources of information.
- Registering a device for development.
- Lesson 2: Introduction to Objective C
- Object Oriented Design Terminology.
- Objects, Classes, Messages/Methods, Inheritance and Polymorphism.
- Abstract Classes.
- Dynamic Binding.
- Memory Management.
- Lesson 3: Introduction Xcode and Build First iPhone Application (Hello World !)
- Build First iphone Application
- Give idea to develop simple application
- Create and navigate iOS projects in Xcode
- Use Xcode and Interface Builder efficiently
- Use the Xcode debugger
- Lesson 4: Debugging
- How to solve bug using Debug pointer
- Avoiding and handling memory warnings
- Use Instruments to fix memory leaks and profile your code
- Use the debugging tools built into Xcode
- Troubleshoot common errors and warnings
Build Simple Calculator
- Lesson 5: Introduction to Cocoa
- How Cocoa is integrate with iPhone application Development
- Use the core classes in the Cocoa Touch framework
- Get the real benefit of the model-view-controller (MVC) design pattern
- Define delegates to "hook" your app-specific code into the Cocoa Touch framework
- Register and post notifications
- Lesson 6: Working with Different Views
1. Table View
- Details discussion on UITableView
- Develop simple application on UITableView
- Create a data source to populate a table
- Insert and delete table rows
- Organize data in table sections
Develop simple Application.2. Picker View
- Details discussion on UIPickerView
- Develop simple application on UIPickerView
3. Image Picker View
- Details discussion on Image Picker View
- Develop simple application on Image Picker View
- Lesson7: Navigation Controller
- How Navigation controller work.
- Practical Discussion on Navigation Controller and Build simple Application
- Use navigation controllers to create hierarchical apps
- Use tab bar controllers to create multi-mode apps
- Lesson 8: Tab View Controller
- How Tab View Controller work.
- Practical Discussion on Tab View Controller and Build simple Application
- Lesson 9: Storyboard
- How to work with storyboard and implement it.
- Lesson10: Working with Data
- The application sand box.
- Storing application preferences.
- Property lists.
- Object archiving.
- Working with pList File
- Using SQLite3 for persistence.
- Introduction to Core Data.
- Accessing the Address Book.
- Creating and sending email.
- Lesson 11: Working with API
- Implement API request into Application
- Parse XML and JSON data
- Interfacing to the iPod player.
- Recording and playing sounds.
- Using the Movie Player.
- Using the Accelerometer.
- Accessing the Image Library.
- Accessing the Camera.
- Interfacing to maps.
- Using the compass.
- Lesson 12: Working with GPS location
- Working with Map view
- Show position into Map view
- Lesson 13: Finalising, Profiling, Compiling and Deploying
- Multitasking and memory warnings
- Push notifications and managing them in code
- The Developer Center, certificate requests, certificates and provisioning profiles
- Ad-Hoc deployment to multiple devices
- Tweaking our App until its perfect
- Building the App for submission to the App Store
- The AppStore submission process