Advanced Professional Linux
The Advanced Professional Linux an expansive course that covers a wide range of network services useful to every organization. Special attention is paid to the concepts needed to implement these services securely, and to the trouble-shooting skills which will be necessary for real-world administration of these network services. The course material is designed to provide extensive hands-on experience. Topics include: Storage, Server Cluster, Backup System, Security with SELinux and Netfilter, Web server Clusting, Virtualization, SMB/CIFS (Windows networking) with Samba, MySQL Clustering, Network Load Balancing etc.
Who should attend
This course is aimed at network administrators, integrators, managers, IT consultants and other technical users who want to gain deeply knowledge on Linux System & Network Administration
- Delegates should have previously attended the Essentials of Linux Administration course, followed by several months of practical experience of working with Linux (or have equivalent skills)
- Alternatively, they should have solid experience of administration of any Unix version
40 Hours, 10 Classes, 4 Hours per class
- Lesson 01: Storage System
- Describing SAN, NAS, JBOD.
- Disk Platter, Spindle, Block, Sector, Cache.
- IDE, SATA, SAS, SCSI Controllers.
- Software RAID, Hardware RAID, Array, Hot Spare.
- Describing RAID Levels, 0, 1, 5, 6, 10.
- iSCSI Initiator, Target, IQN, LUN.
- Setup & Configure OpenFiler Storage OS.
- Configure Hostname, Interface, Ntp.
- Volume Group, iSCSI Target, LUN Mapping.
- Create NAS Share For Linux Access.
- Create SMB Share For Windows, Manage Quota.
- Lesson 02: Virtualization with Xen, KVM
- Install Xen On Redhatlinux
- Using virt-manager To Create & Manage VM's.
- Creating An Image-Based Virtual Machine
- Create a Fully Virtualized Guest VM.
- Managing A Xen Guest From The Command Line.
- Install & Configure KVM (Kernel Virtual Machine).
- Create Linux Virtual Machines inside KVM.
- Create Server 2008 Virtual Machines inside KVM.
- Module 03: Cluster Configure with Redhat Cluster Suite
- Describe about Cluster & Cluster Resource
- Install and configure Redhat Cluster Suite
- Describe fencing &Quorum
- Configure Cluster Resource
- Configure Fencing
- Configure HA for web server
- Configure Quorum DISK
- Trouble Shooting
- Module 04: MySQL Clustering & Replication
- Install & Configure MySQL Server.
- Login; Create Database, Table, Permissions.
- Insert Data, Query, Update, Delete Data.
- Setup PhpMyAdmin Web Admin Panel.
- Setup Mysql Windows Tools.
- Configure MySQL Master/ Slave Replication.
- Configure MySQL Database Cluster.
- Database Trouble Shooting, Backup & Restore.
- Module 05: (Linux/Unix Gateway Firewall)
- Explains state full firewall, IPS , IDS
- Available open source Firewall
- describe about IPtables
- Configure IPtables
- Add rule in Filter, NAT & Mangle table
- protect DoS attract by IPtables
- configure IPtables script